Outdoor recreation is a part of our way of life – from hunters and fishermen to young children who play in parks. Protecting our natural areas will ensure that we still have places to hike, bike, boat, fish, hunt, see wildlife, or just enjoy the quiet and peace of nature.
The links below offer more information about conservation, nature education, and the many ways we can enjoy the outdoors.
- Portage County Watersheds Plan
- CRCPO’s Breakneck Creek Page
- eNature Online Field Guides
- National Audubon Society
- National Park Service
- Ohio Division of Wildlife’s Wildlife Resources
- The Nature Conservancy
- US EPA Student Center
- US Geological Survey’s “The Learning Web”
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- GreenCityBlueLake – The future of Northeast Ohio
- Ohio Bikeways
- American Trails
- Go Green At Home!