Park Rules and Regulations
Rules for Safety and Fairness
- The park is open from dawn to dusk
- Dogs must be leashed and kept under control at all times. Pick up and properly dispose of dog waste.
- Alcohol, other intoxicants, and illegal substances are prohibited
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Motor vehicles are prohibited, unless as permitted for handicapped accessibility
- No swimming
- Commercial activities are prohibited unless special permission is granted.
- Disorderly conduct, including excessive loudness, loitering and indecency is prohibited
- Visitors must stay on designated trails
- Trespassing onto adjacent property is prohibited
- Special events must be scheduled with the Park District in advance
Rules for the Protection of Resources
- Removal or disturbance of vegetation is prohibited without the written permission from the Director
- Planting seeds or plants in the park is prohibited without the written permission from the Director
- Hunting or harming wild animals is prohibited
- The release of animals on park land is prohibited
- Keep the park clean—carry out and properly dispose of your trash
- Removal or alteration of Park property is prohibited
Consideration and polite behavior are essential in order to ensure the enjoyment of all
trail users and protection of our natural resources
- Stay on designated trails.
- Obey traffic signs and rules.
- Share the trail, watch and listen for others.
- Keep right so others can pass.
- Warn other trail users when passing by giving an audible signal.
- Keep all pets on leash.
- Pack out all garbage and litter, including your pet’s waste
- Respect adjoining landowners’ rights and privacy.